Summer is a busy time for most of us! We’re (hopefully) booked with outdoor activities, travel, BBQs and the beach! Eating on the go can be tricky, but there are solutions – it’s as easy as embracing three simple, healthy summer habits.
This summer, don’t let healthy habits take a backseat and instead follow these easy tips and recipes from celebrity nutritionist and RD, Keri Glassman.
Keri Glassman’s Healthy Summer Habits:
- Stay consistent with exercise! All that summer travel can throw your exercise schedule off track. Stick to it!
- Take advantage of summer produce and incorporate everywhere from breakfast to even dessert. Use your juicer, like the Juiceman 3-in-1 Total Juicer, to make post workout juices (no sugar added!), grill fruit for dessert, and add veggies to egg scrambles. Focusing on what you can eat not what you should take away will help you stay focused and slim!
- Steer clear of sugar. Baked goods creep in in the summer. Homemade breads, fresh baked muffins, chocolate chip cookies etc. all make appearances too often on summer weekends. Make a decision to steer completely clear from this big time offender!
Here are some of Keri’s favorite juice recipes!
Savory Mojito Green Juice
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 10 mint sprigs
- 1 fuji apple
- 1/2 green apple
- 1 cucumber
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Place all ingredients into your juicer and process
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of ground flax seeds on top if desired.
Berry Orange Smoothie
- 1 small blood orange
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 medium ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Squeeze the blood orange using a citrus juicer. (In the market for a juicer? Look for one with citrus juicing capacities – they don’t all do this!)
- Place all the ingredients in the blender portion of your juicer (or in a regular blender!) and process until smooth.
These yummy drinks will help you stick to your healthy summer habits!