Looking for a sweet and savory side to go alongside turkey, ham, roast beef, fish or just about anything else? My Instant Pot mashed sweet potatoes with honey, rosemary and chipotle will do the trick! Get ready for a big bowl of YUMMY.
I had two giant sweet potatoes in my produce drawer. I decided to throw them in the Instant Pot because that’s hands down the easiest way to cook sweet potatoes. The skin just slides right off and they are so tender and velvety.
But I wanted to do something special. I was feeling a little fancy. I was sitting in the backyard with the dogs drinking coffee and thinking about what I was going to cook when I spotted my rosemary bush. I always forget that thing exists! I pulled some sprigs off after deciding they’d be perfect with my sweet potatoes.
Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
I put the lid on and set it to 20 minutes on manual. I went back outside with the dogs, so I let it do a natural release.
I came back in to perfectly cooked sweet potatoes. The skin slips right off without even needed a knife or peeler.
I threw the potatoes in a bowl and mixed them up with butter, ground chipotle, salt, black pepper, honey, cream and some of the rosemary. The potatoes are so tender you can mash them with a fork!
These mashed sweet potatoes are GOOD! The perfect mix of creamy, sweet, savory and a little spicy.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Several springs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put a cup of water in Instant Pot
- Throw in a few sprigs of rosemary
- Add steamer basket
- Put potatoes in basket
- Top with more rosemary sprigs
- Put on lid and set for 20 minutes manual
- Allow for a natural pressure release
- Remove skin from potatoes
- Add a tablespoon of chopped rosemary leaves, butter, cream, honey, chipotle powder, salt and pepper.
- Mash together with fork.