There are few dinners more comforting than a big mug of warm tomato soup. Bonus points if it’s homemade! And if you have an Instant Pot, homemade soup is a breeze. REALLY! Yes, you can make homemade Instant Pot tomato soup. It’s easy peasy.
I love making homemade soup. I usually follow my grandmother’s model of throw whatever you have on hand in a pot and let it simmer away into something comforting and delicious.
I wasn’t sure what to put in my tomato soup besides well…tomatoes, though. After a quick Google search I got to work and made up the recipe as I went along.
Serve this with grilled cheese sandwiches for the ultimate comfort meal. Or a simple green salad for a lighter touch.
This homemade tomato soup recipe was a big hit! My daughter’s best friend was over for dinner and said I should be a chef at Panera! That’s high praise from her!
What are your favorite soups?
- •2 large cans (28 ounces each) crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •1 onion, diced
- •2 cups baby carrots
- •2 gloves garlic, diced
- •1 tablespoon tomato paste
- •1 packet chicken bouillon (I used gluten-free)
- •1 teaspoon sugar
- •1 cup whole milk
- •Salt, pepper and dried Italian seasoning to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute.
- Pour olive oil in Instant Pot. Add onions, garlic and carrots.
- Saute until they begin to soften.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste chicken bouillon, sugar and seasonings.
- Set for 10 minutes on "manual" with a natural release. (Or do quick release if you're in a hurry.)
- Use a blender to puree soup. (I used an immersion blender.)
- Stir in milk right before serving.