Last call to get on the Florida Prepaid College Plan train for this year!!!! It’s not too late!!!
Is your child quickly approaching college age already? It’s still not too late to start saving TODAY!
Here are some common myths about Florida Prepaid!
- Florida Prepaid isn’t restricted to Florida schools; the amount covered by your Prepaid Plan can be used at schools nationwide.
- If you move out of Florida after purchasing a Prepaid Plan, your child would still be billed at in-state tuition rates when using their plan at a Florida college or state university.
- If your child doesn’t go to college, you can change the beneficiary of the Prepaid Plan or get your money back.
This makes it a no lose situation.
Why we waited to start college savings until our daughter is in high school…
Sure, you’ll get biggest egg built if you start saving for college when your child is a baby, but if you’ve procrastinated like me DO IT ANYWAY. My daughter is in 10th grade and I finally took the time to learn about the plan and sign up.
Because saving for two years is still better than not saving at all.
I put it off because my daughter has access to free college in Texas because she was adopted from the foster care system in that state. We were so busy adjusting to being a family and helping her heal from heaps of childhood trauma we haven’t had time to think about college.
And then we blinked and suddenly that tiny little girl with the big scared eyes is a confident, talented, smart, amazing sixteen year old who will be flying the coop before we know it. (I cry about this nearly daily.)
I don’t want her to have to go to college in Texas, especially since we live in Florida.
I want her to have options. So I opened a Florida Prepaid account. It’s not too late for our family and it’s not too late for yours.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Florida Prepaid College Plans allow you to prepay the future cost of college. When your child is ready for college, the plan pays the tuition, tuition differential fee and other specified fees covered under the plan.
- Guaranteed – Every Prepaid Plan is guaranteed by the State of Florida, so you will never lose your investment.
- Nationwide – Even if your child attends an out-of-state or private college, the plan will pay the same amount as it would pay at a public college or university in Florida.
- Scholarships – If your child receives a scholarship, you can get a refund for the same amount as the plan would pay a public college or university in Florida.
- 10 Years – Your child has up to 10 years after his or her year of projected enrollment to use the plan.
Need more information? This handy sheet explains it all very well.
Open enrollment ends February 28, so act now. I just opened an account to kick off my teenager’s college savings fund (better late than never!) and it literally took ten minutes. Quick, easy and painless with so many options so you can chose what’s best for your family’s situation.
Save even more!
Florida Prepaid has given me a code to pass on to you! Save 50% off the $50 enrollment fee with code BLOG1617.
This is a sponsored posts, but all thoughts and actions are my own.