I’m still here. I’m still:
- trying to eat better
- working on eliminating sugar and grain (more successfully some days than others)
- making lifestyle changes
- getting to the gym a few times a week
- trying to take better care of myself
- preparing healthier meals
I’ll admit I haven’t been as consistent for the last week or so. My daughter has major anxiety due to trauma she experienced before we adopted her and is having a rough go of it. My stress from it is coming out in the form of a messy house, too sweet treats and a real lack of motivation (for everything).
However, I did throw together a super easy and delicious salad with stuff I had on hand last week. I ate a huge bowl of it for dinner.
(By the way, if you followed my allergy saga, I had testing last week. Mangoes and their family, which includes cashews and pistachios, seem to be the only culprit.)
Throw some steak, chicken, shrimp or salmon on this salad for a protein boost.
- 6 cups shredded raw collard greens, hard stems removed
- 2 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- 1 diced avocado
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons lemon vinaigrette (store-bought or homemade)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all ingredients.
- Serves 2 for a main course or 4 - 6 as a side dish.
Collard greens, avocado, clementine salad