I was listening to talk radio in the car the other day (Love Doctors on Real Radio!) and someone called in with a buffalo chicken dip recipe. It sounded good so I decided this was the perfect weekend to try it. We don’t watch football, but it is the Big Game weekend. Plus, kiddo had friends over so the house was full of hungry teenagers.
I used the method the guy on the radio shared, but it seems similar to a recipe from The Pioneer Woman. (By the way, I saw Ree Drummond speak a few years ago. She talked about having no idea people would actually read her stuff when she started blogging and kept saying, “I wasn’t even wearing underwear when I started the blog!”)
This dip is creamy, savory and delicious! It would also be good as a taco filling or on top of some rice. Yum.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Excuse the horrible photos please. My phone was dying and the lighting was terrible, but we couldn’t wait to dig in so poor quality photos is all we had time to snag. Because this stuff is GOOD.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 eight ounce bottle ranch dressing
- 1 bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onion (optional)
- Dippers such as tortilla chips, crackers or veggies
- Cook and chop chicken. Set aside.
- Heat cream cheese, dressing and wing sauce on the stove top until smooth and combined.
- Stir in chicken.
- Transfer mixture to an oven safe baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is golden and bubbling. (About 20 minutes)
- Top with green onion if desired.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before digging in.
- Serve with chips, crackers and veggies.
This buffalo chicken dip was so delicious it became the main meal. We ate it with celery, baby carrots and tortilla chips for dipping. Grapes were served on the side.
Let me know what you think if you try it!