How about Thanksgiving soup anytime? That’s what the flavors of this super quick and easy soup will do for you – Thanksgiving dinner you eat with a spoon.
I love Thanksgiving and when I found a bag of cranberries in the freezer today I started craving all the Turkey Day fixins’.
But I didn’t have the time or ingredients.
So I created this Thanksgiving soup in my Instant Pot instead!
- 1 carton chicken stock
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- Small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Bag of cranberries (mine were originally bought fresh, but have been in the freezer since November)
- Bag of frozen green beans
- 1 pound ground turkey made into bite size balls
- Salt and pepper
- Put everything except the cranberries in the Instant Pot.
- Set it to “soup.”
- Do a quick release of pressure when finished.
- Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Put the lid back on and allow the hot liquid to cook the berries for 20 minutes.
No fresh cranberries? Follow the same method with a handful of dried.
Use different veggies. Throw in potato (white or sweet). Add rice at the end. Top with cornbread crumbles to mimic stuffing (or just ladle it over a stuffing!)
This Thanksgiving soup is versatile! It’s also so comforting and tasty – savory, tangy and sweet. My daughter couldn’t get enough of the turkey meatballs.
No Instant Pot ? I’m sure this Thanksgiving soup would also be yummy simmered on the stovetop.
Post contains affiliate links.